Game of Thrones: 02x09 | 04x10
What a boss
AND IT’S BACK ON MY DASH.
NO ONE’S GEEK GAME IS STRONGER THAN COLBERT’S GEEK GAME.
there may be a day I stop reblogging this, but today is not that day
You’ll never hate the Percy Jackson movies like Rick Riordan hates them
“What’s going on? I’m sensing something…” (x)
IM BROKEN. IM DEAD.
THIS IS IT.. THIS IS THE REASON HE PULLED FACES… He was probably like “YOU’RE NOT GONNA GIVE ME LINES?? I DON’T NEED LINES TO BE THE MOST FABULOUS CHARACTER ANYWAY.”
I have fruit polos and lollypops be jealous.
omg do many people not know what fruit polos are? they are heaven
In America, we call them lifesavers. They can be chewy or hard candy.
polos aren’t chewy and they also come in mint.
this week on: britan thinks its special
Westeros is Gettin’ in Touch with its Wild Side.
"Out with the new(?), in with the old(?)."
It’s at the end of A Storm of Swords that the reader thinks to themselves, more than any other book, “EVERYTHING IS SO FUCKED.” Cersei’s nosedive into crazy-town in AFFC, The Crow’s Eye being voted king, and the Meereen fiasco in ADWD; those are just icing on the shit-cake.
The sacred laws around kinslaying, kingslaying and guest right have all been broken, and scarcely anyone uses the Wall anymore as a way to safely get rid of enemies. These sacred laws were essential to keeping of the peace and making alliances.
What GRRM is writing is not just personal narratives, but also a massive historical one that frames them. It’s one where civilizations rise and fall and where the old, primal nature and memory of humanity continually resurfaces again and again.
What I’m saying is: Westeros is in the phase of de-evolution. You might have noticed how the most powerful Andal Houses are dying, while several First Men Houses are getting stronger.
- The Lannisters, Arryns, and Baratheons, all mostly Andal, are nearly dead, left with few trueborn, trueblooded or capable heirs.
- The Freys are being hunted down and are cursed.
- The Faith of the Seven is in turmoil.
- The Horn of Winter is out there, somewhere, meaning that the Wall is doomed and the Others will swarm over the 7K. (The ice zombies aren’t a big deal if it doesn’t).
- A greyscale epidemic seems likely, food stories are low, armies have been decimated.
- The Reach, has the last and largest food stores, and those are under attack now by the Ironborn.
Human civilization is being wiped away, but especially the things that are “new” arrivals to the continent.
Meanwhile, everything ancient and native is getting stronger.
- A snow-bound North is inhospitable to humans, but seems habitable for Giants.
- Direwolves are south of the Wall again, and one of them is the leading a massive pack in the Riverlands.
- The magic of the weirwoods is getting stronger. New ones are growing in the South, and Brienne saw a younger one in an abandoned Crackclaw castle.
- There’s a new Bran the Builder, whose powers are godlike and unmatched, apparently in all history.
- The crannogmen, the most primitive and traditional of the North’s people, are untouched by the war and likely know about Bran and Rickon.
- The Royces are the strongest house in the Vale now, and they’re First Men: their banner is FM runes and their motto is “We Remember.” They and several other Vale families wanted to join Robb Stark.
- A Kingsmoot has been held on the Iron Islands for the first time in thousands of years.
“The trees have eyes again.”-Qorin Halfhand, ASOS
“History is a wheel, for the nature of man is fundamentally unchanging. What has happened before will perforce happen again.”-Rodrik Harlaw, AFFC
“I am wolf. I will not go.”-Bran, ACOK.
“Old powers waken, shadows stir. An age of wonder and terror will be soon be upon us, an age for gods and heroes.”-AFFC
the word “sabotage” is p much short for “fucking shit up with a wooden shoe”
fucking shit up with a wooden shoe
oh my god
well wooden shoe look at that
I’M FUCKING CRYING AT THAT PUN BE MY FRIEND PLEASE
baby baby baby
This literally just crushed me.
I WILL NEVER MAKE ANOTHER GRUMPY CAT JOKE AS LONG AS I LIVE
mother of god, we have all done a sin
Its like an animal abuse commercial